What Are The Benefits?
What are the Benefits of Practitioner Only Natural Medicines?
There are a few key benefits to using Practitioner Only and Prescription Only Natural Medicines.
These classes of products are usually stronger or clinically more effective than those available in health food stores or supermarkets.
Practitioner only products are often more rigourusly researched and evidence based than those in a retail environment.
The manufactures of these products are government licensed and have to prove the therapeutic claims they make with the Australian Government Department of Health; Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).
With this increased strength and efficiency, there are limitations on who can access these types of products, what information relevant to the product is supplied, and how they are dispensed.
So, What are the Benefits of Practitioner Only Products?
- You get a better class of product.
- You actually get what you pay for.
- What is on the bottle is actually in the bottle.
- The product will be made under licence in a government registered facility or laboratory.
- Each product has an individual licence number (usually AUST L 13302….. for example)
- All products are subject to random audits and compliance reviews.
- No company can afford to lose their ticket by cutting corners on product.
- It’s not the cheap stuff from China or a third world country with lower manufacturing standards.
- If a product is prescribed during a paid consultation you should be able to claim it as a medical expense or off your tax. (Talk to your accountant.)
What’s the Down Side?
- All this compliance, quality assurance and government regulation comes at a cost.
- You get what you pay for.
- The dodgy stuff from China will always be cheaper – so if you are looking for the ‘cheapest vitamins on the net’ we are probably not your eClinic.
- Only a registered health professional can dispense these types of products (which we believe is actually a benefit because you don’t have to guess what to take).
So what does all this mean?
Dr. Hooper and the Emed Practitioner Team have been at the forefront in providing natural medicine within Australasia for many years.
We have been dispensing natural medicines in an online environment since the 90′s.
We have worked with all the leading Natural Medicine companies in Australia to develop online selling policies. We have been at the forefront of developing industry standards in dispensing of natural medicines.
Indeed many of the initiatives we created are now used by most online practices and online dispensaries.
Emed is Australia’s first Natural Medicine E-Clinic.