VLA Bio-Impedance Analysis
Your Emed Practitioner is one of a select group of Healthcare Professionals who have received extensive training in maximising healthy ageing and improving vitality, making them ideally suited to help you achieve your goals.
The Emed Practitioners use a scientifically validated test known as Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA), which assists them to design a program specifically for your needs. Nutritional supplements, exercise recommendations and dietary advice will be provided, giving your body the building blocks for maximum health and energy.
What is a Bio Impedance Analysis?
The Bio Impedance Analysis, also known as a Bio Impedance Test, VLA Test and Cellular Health Analysis is a scientifically validated clinical test that measures your major markers of ageing. It was originally developed to monitor patient’s health after surgery and has been used in several NASA space missions to monitor the health of astronauts.
This simple non-invasive test obtains your readings from a device, which is then entered into an expansive and comprehensive software program to accurately calculate a range of body parameters. It also acts as a powerful motivator to help you to improve various areas of your health.
What can a Bio Impedance Analysis tell you about me?
The Bio Impedance Analysis is an exceptional tool that gives you valuable information about your current health status. It accurately measures and gives readings on the following;
- your ideal weight for your height and frame size
- your total fat mass
- your ideal fat mass
- what percentage of you is fat
- your total muscle mass
- your ideal muscle mass
- what percentage of you is muscle
- the quality of your muscle
- your fat to muscle ratio
- your biological age or the age of your cells
- the amount of energy produced in your cells
- the quality of the energy produced in your cells
- how toxins or poisons are affecting your cells
- how inflammation is affecting your cells
- your metabolic rate
- how well hydrated you are
- your total body water
- the total fluid inside your cells
- the total fluid outside your cells (fluid retention)
- the ideal amount of fluid outside your cells
How can a Bio Impedance Analysis help me?
The Bio Impedance Analysis can accurately measure parameters in your body that in conjunction with the proper nutritional supplementation, diet and lifestyle changes can help you to:
- lose weight and monitor your fat mass
- increase and monitor your muscle mass and fitness
- improve your energy levels
- help you to age healthily
- support the nutrition and health of your cells
- decrease your biological age (age of your cells)
What will I receive?
We will perform a quick test, and then enter your results into a computer. You will then be given a computerized analysis of your health, including your key biomarkers, and we will discuss a strategy for health improvement.
Overtime your results can be compared, so that you can have a clear idea of your progress and how the naturopathic medication and dietary modification is having a beneficial effect on your health and total wellbeing.
How does VLA Bioimpedance differ from bioimpedance scales?
VLA is a far more accurate way to measure body fat, muscle and fluid levels than bioimpedance scales you stand on or hold.
Scales or hand held body fat monitors do not send the current evenly throughout the entire body, with usually the upper part of the body not measured when using scales and vice versa with hand held devices.
However, with VLA Bioimpedance, you lie flat on a treatment table to stabilise fluid levels and the current is run through your upper and lower body via the foot and hand. This is far superior technology for accurate measurement of fat, muscle and the key biomarkers of ageing.
Please note: this test is only available for our Emed Hawthorn Clinic Patients.