This 3 egg omelette makes an ideal breakfast for both parents and children. It is a great way to get some vegetables into your children, while the eggs provide
protein and energy.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Small handful spinach leaves
- Diced red and green capsicum
- 3-4 mushrooms, sliced
- Small handful cheese
- 40-50 gm thinly sliced ham or grilled chicken breast
- Turkish bread or pumpkin and linseed bread to serve
Heat a small amount of oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook capsicum and mushrooms until capsicum begins to soften. Add remaining ingredients and cook, flipping over until golden on both sides. Enjoy with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.
Especially yummy on a cold morning, this healthy banana porridge is great for before school to keep their tummies full and their mind active.
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon LSA mix (ground linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds)
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring slowly to the boil, then turn heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes until soft and creamy.