Caring For Your Kid’s Brains
Unlock Your Child’s Potential
Children are amazing little beings! Think about all that they achieve on a day to day basis and the development they undergo from the time they are born.
Childhood achievements and developments largely contribute to their lifetime potential so it all begins now! We all hope for the best in our children, so they can be the happiest and healthiest possible.
We also wish for them to get the most from their education and allow their developing brains the opportunity to soak up and retain an expanding wealth of knowledge and information in this world.
Is your child living to their full potential? There are ways in which you can care for and support your child’s growing brain to help maximise their development.
The term ‘cognition’ refers to the mental processes involved in gaining knowledge and comprehension (i.e. learning), including thinking, knowing, remembering, judging and problem solving.
Improve your child’s education with these key herbs and nutrients that support learning and healthy cognition:
- Brahmi is an Ayurvedic herb that has proven clinical efficacy in assisting cognitive function. Studies have found that when used for a period of 12 weeks, brahmi significantly enhances memory and information processing and reduces anxiety.
- Green tea contains a rare amino acid known as L-theanine. At therapeutic doses, L-theanine helps your children stay calm yet alert, with an increased attention span and improved memory.
- Iodine, zinc and tyrosine are important nutrients for cognition, and may assist in supporting critical processes in the developing brain.
Good Fats to Feed the Brain
Do your children screw up their noses at the idea of eating fish, yet want second helpings of fries and chicken nuggets?
While these foods are all high in fats, not all of them contain healthy and beneficial fats. Essential fatty acids are beneficial fats and the best source of these good fats is oily fish.
Unfortunately, many kids are fussy when it comes to sardines and mackerel, making it difficult for them to get good amounts of essential fatty acids, EPA and DHA, from fish in their diets.
Therefore, supplementing with a highly purified and concentrated fish oil, containing therapeutic levels of EPA and DHA, is vital to support your child’s developing brain.
Click Here for Emed’s Best Fish Oils for Kids.
Just as ‘Bob’ builds wondrous things, we need to ensure our child’s growing brain is being built correctly; this starts with laying a solid structural foundation in the brain.
Phospholipids, such as phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylserine, are another type of healthy fat.
They are the building blocks in the structure of the every cell membrane in the body, including those in the brain and the nervous system.
As a result, these fats are important for brain and nervous system health, as well as supporting memory, learning and behaviour in your children.
Choose Quality Supplements for Quality Results
If using herbs or nutrients to support your child’s developing brain, look for supplements high in both quality and purity. Choosing herbs and nutrients that have the support of the Mindd Foundation is encouraged as this will ensure your child receives the highest quality nutritional medicine available.
The Mindd Foundation is a non-profit charity consisting of patients, medical doctors and healthcare professionals that promote preventative measures and treatments for a range of disorders, including those that impact children’s learning and cognition.
Quick Tips for Boosting Brain Power
There are some simple things you can do to help support your developing child’s learning and information centre:
- Ensure your children eat a nutritious breakfast – many cereals contain high levels of sugar, which can affect their concentration. Choose a healthy wholegrain cereal. Eggs are also a great way to start the day, as the protein can help maintain healthy blood sugar levels throughout the morning, helping kids stay focused for longer.
- Get your children to bed at a reasonable time. Children need more sleep than adults and lack of sleep can negatively affect their learning.
- Get into a regular routine. This will make the start and end of the day less stressful for both you and your children.
- Encourage your kids to talk about their day. This helps them develop their communication skills and can give you valuable insight into how they are progressing.
Boosting Brain Potential
Our children are our future. Helping them to unlock their full potential is something every parent desires.
Build bright, bubbly brains and happier, healthier children of tomorrow by using these simple tips and supportive herbs and nutrients to support and enhance your child’s explorative and educational years.
Talk to us today about how you can create a better future for your child.