Weight Loss Tips for Socialising and Eating Out
Want to keep to your diet when eating out?
Follow these simple tips for weight loss while still enjoying your social life.
• Instead of meeting friends for coffee/lunch/dinner meet for a walk. You can still chat and be sociable while also avoiding unneeded food and getting exercise.
• Talk to your waiter/waitress. Many restaurants are happy to adjust a menu item slightly to keep a customer happy.
• Order your meal with out danger foods (e.g. chips, potato, rice etc.). It is easier to avoid it if it is not on your plate.
• Have half a Keto Bar before you go out. It is easier to make the right food choice when you are not hungry.
• Familiarise yourself with the allowable food list so you can easily recognise them on a menu. If you are not sure of the ingredients of a dish ask your waiter/waitress to tell you.
• Ask for all dressings/sauces to be served on the side. Substitute creamy salad dressings for a vinaigrette. Be aware of the hidden ingredients and sugars that can be included in many sauces.
• Asses serving sizes in relation to your palm size and approximate handfuls. If the servings are too large ask for a side plate to place excess food on and have it taken away immediately.
• Substitute more of one thing for less of another. e.g. If your meal is served with salad and chips or ask to substitute chips with more salad.
• If you cannot resist ordering something for dessert try ordering a black coffee or go for the cheese platter instead of cake/sweets.
• If the restaurant has generous servings ask for a main dish in an entree size. Or order an entree as a main.
• If possible have a look at the menu online before you go out. Make note of the healthiest options or decide on what you are going to eat before you get there to avoid impulse decisions.
• Avoid buffet and 'all you can eat' style restaurants.
• Trim all visible fat from meat and skin and fat from poultry.
• If the establishment is unable or unwilling to alter a menu item choose something else that is more suitable or find another place to eat if practical.
• Avoid alcohol. If you must drink set yourself a limit (in consultation with your Practitioner) and stick to it. The more ‘tipsy’ you become the more your likely to drink and your resolve to stick to your weight loss plan is lowered, making it more likely for more food to be consumed.
• Don’t feel pressured to eat something because 'it’s a special occasion' there will be other special occasions once you have reached your goal.
• Ask for a bottle or jug of water for the table and drink that instead of soft drinks, juices or alcohol.
For more information on the Metagenics Shake It Weight Loss Program CLICK HERE.