Shopping for your weight loss eating plan
Ok, so now you have decided that you want to lose some weight the healthy way, through good food and exercise. However one of the major hurdles many people face when wanting to lose weight is not knowing what to buy to replace their everyday items. Here is a list of alternative food items you can buy to replace your existing ingredients.
- Olive oil should be the only oil used. Vegetable and canola oil contain high amounts of fat, carbohydrates and calories. No butter or other oil is permitted. You will therefore also need a supply of olive oil cooking spray. This easy alternative gives a fine mist of oil when cooking, and lets you reserve the bottled olive oil for raw use, such as on salads or drizzled on your food.
- Many find balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar tastier than plain vinegar, particularly in a salad dressing. If you can get it, we are sure than you will appreciate the difference it will make to your salads. Only one teaspoon per meal is allowed.
- Be adventurous and experiment with fresh herbs, e.g. garlic, ginger, mixed herbs and spices to put a sparkle into cooked dishes and salads that you prepare.
- When shoppng for meat and poultry make sure that the meat you choose is as lean as possible. Before you start to cook it, remove and discard all the visible fat.
- Filtered water is recommended. Carbonated mineral water is not recommended. However, if you should choose to drink it please note it does not replace your water allowance.
- Flaxseed/linseed meal is an excellent source of protein, minerals, the essential fatty acids omega 3 and omega 6, and is the richest source of lignans. Flaxseed/linsee meal can be mixed with a variety of foods but MUST be accompanied by adequate fluids.
- Artificial sweeteners are not recommended.