What Happens When You Drink Coke?
What Happens To Your Body Within An Hour Of Drinking A Coke
Don’t drink cola if you want to be healthy. Consuming soft drinks is bad for so many reasons that science cannot even state all the consequences.
But one thing we know for sure is that drinking Coke, as a representative of soft drinks, wreaks havoc on the human organism. What happens?
The main problem is sugar. It’s an evil that the processed food industry and sugar growers don’t want people to know about it.
Even dietitians, financially supported by sugar growers and sugary product manufacturers, are loathed to tell us the truth.
When somebody drinks a Coke watch what happens…
- In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavour allowing you to keep it down.
- 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (There’s plenty of that at this particular moment).
- 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.
- 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
- >60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
- >60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play (it makes you have to wee). It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolytes and water.
- >60 minutes: As the sugar wave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, urinated out all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like building strong bones and teeth or even having the ability to hydrate your system.
So there you have it, an avalanche of destruction in a single can. Imagine drinking this day after day, week after week.
Stick to water, real juice from freshly squeezed fruit and veggies and herbal teas such as chamomile, peppermint, dandelion root and lemon balm.