Granola with Greek Yogurt & Blueberries – Best for Detoxing
- 60 grams rolled oats
- 15g light brown sugar
- 30g sliced almonds
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 10ml of vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Dash of vanilla essence
- 25g raisins
- 25g blueberries
- 150g natural Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Mix the oats, sugar, almonds and cinnamon.
- In a saucepan, warm the vegetable oil and the honey, whisk in the vanilla.
- Pour this over the oat mixture and stir.
- Spread mixture in a baking tray.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring regularly. Allow to cool, then mix in the raisins. (Now you're got your granola).
- Finally, add the yogurt to the granola and top with blueberries. Serve.
Stats: 2860kj, 85g carbs, 25g protein, 3g sat fat
Blueberries are commonly heralded for their cancer-fighting antioxidising properties, but less well known are the curative powers of yogurt. As well as being a good source of protein, a study by the University of California School of Medicine found that just 170g of yogurt (about one single-serve pot) a day helps to prevent colds, hay fever and even diarrhoea.