New FitGenes Personalised Genetic Profiles Are Now Available Through Emed!
Our individuality is based on our genetic variety. The complete genetic information possessed by an organism is referred to as the genome. In humans, up to 99.9% of the genome is identical.
The remaining fraction of 0.1% is responsible for the inherited variety within mankind. The identification of genetic variants (polymorphisms) in the human genome has become increasingly clinically significant in the past decade.
Thus every human being born is unique, even¶?identical twins¶?¶. Our uniqueness is underpinned by our genes – they influence everything from our height and eye colour to predisposition to some chronic conditions and potential diseases states.
In addition, our genes determine our body’s response to the food we eat, physical activity and our lifestyle choices, and therefore can have a pronounced influence on our health.
Scientists worldwide are now realising the importance of understanding the interaction between our genes and our lifestyle choices (such as nutrition, exercise, supplementation) and our health.
A common misconception is that our¶?inherited genes¶?¶ determine our fate in life. In fact, research has shown that this is not necessarily so.
It is true that you cannot change your¶?inherited genes¶?¶ HOWEVER you can compensate for their influence. It is possible to maximise our¶?genetic potential¶?¶ and change our health by targeted exercise, nutritional and lifestyle choices.
If you know your genetic profile and what gene variants you have, then you are armed with a very powerful tool for maximising your health potential.
We do not inherit a disease state as such, but rather we inherit a set of susceptibility factors to environmental influences that modify the risk of developing a disease or imbalance in the body.
These environmental influences may include cigarette smoke, air pollution, excessive alcohol consumption, poor diet, sun exposure, bacterial infection, chronic nutrient deficiencies, hormone imbalances, lifestyle habits and toxic exposure.
FitGenes Personalised Genetic Profiles focuses on individual risk profiles, including specific nutritional or natural medicine requirements, in combination with traditional risk factors and the familial medical history.
The knowledge of genetic factors makes preventative medicine easier.
New scientific technologies backed by extensive medical research now make it possible to test genes that directly influence our fitness, health and nutrition.
As a result it is possible to determine your personal genetic profile and improve your potential for healthy living by simply adjusting your nutrition, exercise and lifestyle choices to suit your unique set of genes.
The body can repair DNA damage and improve the functioning of our genes when supported with optimal nutritional and healthy lifestyle choices.
We will tell you, based on current evidence, what to do to maximise your health.
Most importantly, FitGenes Personalised Genetic Profiles help you and your health care professional determine a suitable treatment plan tailored to your individual genetic needs to help you prevent disease in the future.
Emed focuses on preventative health, not on diagnosing disease states or any potential medical conditions.
Our programs are truly proactive in nature, not reactive to cause.
How is the Emed Genetic Test Done?
1. You purchase the Genetic Test just like to would any other product on Emed.
2. Once the transaction is completed Emed will send you a Test Kit with detailed instructions.
The Test Kit will contain a Welcome Letter and Instruction Guide, 2 Buccal DNA Collection Brushes, DNA Consent Form, Phenotype Questionnaire, and a Reply Mail Envelope.
You will then need to complete 6 easy steps:
1. Complete and sign the DNA consent form.
2. Rinse mouth out with water (do not eat 30minutes before taking the test). Open the DNA swab pack and remove the brushes.
3. Swirl one brush on the inside of your cheek for 15 seconds. Swirl the second brush on the inside of the opposite cheek for 15 seconds.
4. Air dry both swabs before placing them back into the original sleeve. Place the completed DNA swab pack and consent form in the supplied reply paid envelope and seal.
5. Write your name and date of the test on the back of the Test Kit folder.
6. Fill out the details on the reverse side of the self addressed envelope and send to FitGenes within 5 days of receiving the Test Kit.
Analysis of your swabs for your genetic profile is performed by FitGenes. Raw test data is sent to Emed and further evaluated.
A comprehensive and in depth report is generated based on your case history outlining your test results and how to impliment the changes to improve your health.
Emed will provide a nutritional strategy based on your individual genetic results – including what natural medicine to take and when – to assist you taking control of your health.
Emed will of course provide continuing online support to help you implement your specific plan.
NEW Advanced Health Genetic Panel
This panel includes all of the genes in the new General Health Panel, and adds 40% more genes to provide deeper insight into inflammation, cellular defence, detoxification, methylation, vascular tone and fat metabolism.
Categories included in this panel include:
- Inflammation (14 genes)
- Cellular Defence and Detoxification (11 genes)
- Cardiovascular Health and cholesterol regulation (14 genes)
- Fat Metabolism and Weight management (15 genes)
This Emed Genetic Test price includes:
- Your Genetic Panel Advanced covering 4 major aspects of health
- A Personal Genetic Profile – detailing your gene variations
- A Comprehensive Reference Manual and Report – to help educate you on your genetic results and provide you with ready-to-go nutrition, exercise and lifestyle interventions
- Online support to maximise your results within the first 30 days
- 2x Personal health coaching phone consultations with our Emed Practitioners (initial and post 30 days)
If you would like to know more about Emed Genetic Testing please speak to your Emed Practitioner Today.
Find Out More About Your Genetic Potential: