Stressed? Try Medlab’s Mg Optima Relax!
Medlab Clinical’s latest product release Mg Optima Relax, is an innovative magnesium powder scientifically formulated to promote relaxation during times of stress and promote a positive effect on mood and cognitive performance.
With a focus on magnesium as a Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptor agonist (a substance which initiates a physiological response) and so promoting the effects of GABA, this magnesium powder has a real point of difference.
GABA functions as the most prevalent inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system. Being an inhibitory neurotransmitter, GABA is required to block the transmission of an impulse from one cell to another in the central nervous system, which prevents over-firing of the nerve cells.
GABA can therefore be used to calm a person, much like tranquilizers, but without the possibility of addiction.
Mg Optima Relax, as a great allrounder can be used by:
- Those of us in stressful jobs or undergoing a stressful period
- People with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
Mg Optima Relax is therefore ideal for:
- Enhancing relaxation
- Improving cognitive performance
- Focus and attention
- Muscle aches and pains
- Reduce the effects of mild anxiety and nervous tension
- Reduce the frequency of migraines
The Mg Optima Relax Formula
The formula of Mg Optima Relax is not like other magnesium powders (practitioner or retail brands), making it a unique formula in the Australian market.
Mg Optima Relax contains:
- Magnesium as amino acid chelate 150 mg (bisglycinate chelate)
- L-Glutamine 500 mg
- Green Tea Dry Leaf Extract 500 mg (equivalent green tea dry leaf 40 g) (equivalent Theanine not less than 100 mg)
- Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate (Vitamin B6) 15.6 mg (equivalent Pyridoxine 10 mg)
- Zinc (as citrate) 5 mg
Mg Optima Relax has the excipients: Malic acid, Silica, Lemon Lime Flavour, Stevia, Citric Acid, Maltodextrin.
Mg Optima Relax is dairy and gluten free, suitable for vegetarians and has no artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.
The form of magnesium (bisglycinate chelate) used in Mg Optima Relax is included as it may function as a GABA receptor agonist promoting the effects of GABA. The glycine component of this magnesium form functions as an inhibitory neurotransmitter and may also assist with the relaxation response.
L-Glutamine is a precursor to GABA production, therefore enhancing the effect of the magnesium.
Green Tea is an interesting inclusion in the Mg Optima Relax formula. Theanine, an amino acid from Green Tea, promotes relaxation via binding to glutamate receptors and inducing alpha wave (the normal electrical activity of the brain when conscious and relaxed) brain activity.
Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate (vitamin B6)
Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate (P5P) is a vital cofactor for the enzyme Glutamate Decarboxylase that is essential in the synthesis of GABA.
Zinc is a modulator of both excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmission, therefore it plays an important role in maintaining and improving relaxation during times of stress.
Key Features of Medlab Clinical’s Mg Optima Relax:
- Promote relaxation during times of stress
- Positive effect on mood and cognitive performance
- Relieve muscles of aches and pains
- Reduce effects of mild anxiety and nervous tension
- Help reduce the frequency of migraines
- Highly absorbable and bioavailable form of Albion® magnesium bisglycinate
So if you need help relaxing, improving cognition, focus and attention, talk to one of our practitioners about Medlabs Mg Optima Relax!
- Magnesium Supplements Boost Brainpower
- Are You Magnesium Deficient?
- Lacking Energy? Check Your Magnesium Level
- Cortisol – The Stress Hormone Explained
- Supercharge Your Exam Period – Cognition Boosting Essentials For Your Best Results
- Burning the Candle – Are You Adrenally Exhausted?
- Stress: It’s Worse Than You Think